Wednesday 25 September 2013

A Quick Personal Introduction & Towering Over Toronto

If you're reading this, you're probably getting ready to head out on your way to one of the most popular, busy and beautiful cities in the entire world. Hi, my name is Laura and I like to refer to myself as the "Toronto Travel Guru". I have spent a lot of my time (especially in the last few years) in the city discovering the most popular and talked about places, events, restaurants, festivals and everything else this place has to offer, that best describes the look and feel of Ontario's Capital City, Toronto. I decided to publish all my thoughts, ideas and knowledge on the web in order to try and help out those who are traveling to Toronto in the near future, or just simply need a personal opinion in case they are thinking of visiting the city. I know what you're thinking - it's only one persons opinion so how reliable is it? True, but I'm here to promote this lively and up to date city I am honoured to call home. I can only hope that through my personal experience, I can hook those interested in journeying out to Southern Ontario, to make a stop in the province's capital. There's so much to see and do, but to help you narrow your choices down, I, in the next five blog posts will give you a little bit of condensed insight on my favourite places to see and my favourite things to do YYZ.

The stunning Toronto Skyline

Now, when you hear the word "Toronto", what do YOU think of? Yup, me too. Towering over the city at 533.33 meters high, the CN Tower is known as one of the "7 Wonders of the Modern World" by the American Society of Civil Engineer and also the most recognizable Canadian icon. The CN Tower was completed in 1976 and since then has attracted over 1.5 million people a year from all over seeking world-class dining and entertainment. Of course, the ever popular "glass floor" is also one major thing to check off the bucket list along with the famous elevator ride up to the top. Travelling at a speed of 22km/15mph, the CN Tower elevator was ranked #1 on the World's Top 10 Elevator Rides in National Geographic's "Journey of a Lifetime: 500 of the World's Greatest Trips". Since being built, millions of dollars have been spent on the Tower in order to expand and revitalize to provide and deliver all it originally had to offer and more. 

One of many main attractions the CN Tower has to offer is the 360 Restaurant. It is one of Toronto's finest and most unforgettable dining experience. A seriously cool feature of this restaurant is that it actually revolves, giving customers a view of  Toronto of more than 351 meters! For over 10 years, 360 has won numerous awards and been recognized for its cuisine and wine. It has certainly become quite the popular fine-dining experience for even those living in Toronto. Even locals choose to visit 350 and choose it for their special event destination. Who wouldn't want to have dinner literally over Toronto while revolving in the air? Maybe those deathly afraid of heights I guess...

360 Restaurant at the top of the CN Tower

I know, I know -I just threw a whole lot of information at you. Before I let you go, let me tell you about the CN's most recent and thrilling attraction - The EdgeWalk. Exactly as it sounds, thrill seekers from around the world now have access to walk the edge of the one of the tallest sky scrappers in the world. It's the first of it's kind in North America and like stated on cntower.ca, it is the world's "highest full circle hands-free walk on a 5ft wide ledge encircling the top of the CN Tower's main pod at 365m above ground". If you're up for it, you and 5 other people at a time will be attached to an overhead safety harness attached to a trolley so that walkers can literally lean over the edge of Toronto with only air beneath them. U-N-R-E-A-L! If you're interested in this 1.5 hour excursion for $175, head on over to www.edgewalkcntower.ca to plan and book your visit. I've yet to try this but it's seriously on my Toronto Travel Guru bucket list.

The EdgeWalk at the CN Tower

So there you have it, the CN Tower has a little something for everyone - fine dining, gift shops, a fun little (haha) elevator ride and even something for the thrill seekers. Without a doubt, the CN Tower is an absolute MUST SEE for anyone visiting Toronto and Southern Ontario. Thanks for reading and I hope this helped in preparation for your trip to Toronto. I'm even personally overdue for a visit. Who's up for one with me?

A quick video on the CN Tower

Stay tuned for my next blog!

Credit to: www.cntower.ca and www.edgewalkcntower






No comments:

Post a Comment